Whether you are buying, selling or investing in a company you should consider the structure carefully to ensure you optimise your position as there are likely to be complex taxation considerations.
Transaction tax can be complex.
It can span many jurisdictions and often requires a multidisciplinary approach to issues that arise. Here at PKF Smith Cooper, we can provide you with a wide range of fully integrated transactional tax advisory services.
Our team of tax professionals deliver advice with efficiency and effectiveness and provide the expertise to streamline your transaction process.
From the initial idea to the post-deal integration our tax team are with you throughout the transaction lifecycle, offering critical support in whatever tax circumstances arise.
Seeking structured tax advice early in the process can drastically improve the outcome of an acquisition. We help our clients understand the tax implications of a transaction and undertake extensive research to ensure all aspects, including the risks and rewards, are identified, quantified and evaluated appropriately so that you can make well informed decisions about your transaction.
We can help to:
- Determine tax-efficient acquisition structuring, helping design the most suitable acquisition structure.
- Provide an insight into the tax-relevant considerations of the transaction.
- Identify and navigate tax risks and opportunities, informing purchase negotiations.
- Facilitate transactional effectiveness, ensuring smooth post-deal integration.
- Develop robost business models that support key decisions and improve strategic outcomes.
We can help you understand your transaction from a tax perspective, reducing the operational risks and maximising deal returns for you. We keep our clients informed at all stages and up to date with commercial, operational and financial implications.
We can help to:
- Coordinate an in-depth review of the business from a tax perspective, producing an appropriate structure for the transaction prior to sale proceedings.
- Identify, understand and plan for tax risks and tax attributes.
- Recognise and address existing or potential tax issues prior to the sales process, managing their consequences and adjusting expectations accordingly.
- Support deal negotiation.
- Highlight potential tax liabilities and evaluate alternative structures to ensure a credible and strategic deal structure and its resulting implications to all parties.
- Prepare comprehensive tax reports for the seller that reflect the different stages of a transaction cycle together with the tax consequences of each stage.
- Optimise measures for an efficient sale and mediate a successful exit for the seller.
- Increase transactional value.
Establishing in advance the tax implications of a sell side transaction will make sure you mitigate risks and take advantage of the opportunities available. It will also inform the effective negotiation of the tax aspect of the Purchase Agreement, considering all legal and taxation issues such as negotiating tax indemnities and warranties.
We advise on all types of transactions, from mergers and acquisitions, to sales and reconstructions, providing advice that is both flexible and practical. Working alongside experts in other arears, we co-ordinate and deliver a holistic range of transactional advisory services, whether we are your appointed Corporate Finance advisor or not.
We are pleased to offer an initial meeting free of charge. This meeting will cover your current tax position and highlight any areas of risk, whilst considering the most suitable strategic options that are available to you.
To hear more, please get in touch with a member of our dedicated tax team today.