The automotive industry is facing a time of unprecedented change as technology and software drive innovation within the sector.
The global transition to low-carbon technologies, and an increase in autonomous and connected technology, represents a major opportunity for the UK automotive supply-chain. Consumer demand is also creating a shift in the industry, with a move away from traditional ownership, towards on-demand shared usage.
Alongside this, significant investment has been made by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) into the UK Automotive industry over recent years. Of all UK automotive suppliers, 70% manufacture their products in the UK, with a high percentage of OEMs located in the Midlands region. This increase in investment is likely to result in long-term positive trends for the sector, which should attract further investment in the future.
Consequently, there are numerous opportunities and challenges to consider when making a sale or acquisition, or expanding your business, across the industry. Seeking advice from our team of specialists, who have an intimate understanding of UK vehicle funding and global automotive trends, with proven expertise in deal execution, can accelerate the growth or exit strategies of your business, with minimum risk.
How we can help
Spanning OEMs, supply chain manufacturing, retail, distribution, and leasing businesses, we have extensive experience in all financial and transactional aspects of automotive businesses.
We focus on the broad spectrum of the automotive supply chain, and our sub sectors include:
- OEMs – cars, commercial vehicles, bus and coach, off highway
- Supply-chain – assembly, components, tooling, material, R&D
- Financial – leasing, car finance
- Retail – daily rental, dealerships, aftermarket
With our client-focused approach, we work to create innovative solutions to meet your objectives. We make sure that we drive forward processes to maximise value, swiftly and efficiently, while minimising risk.
We can provide transactional, funding, commercial diligence, and consultancy advice, helping you to achieve your goals and aspirations.
We can provide:
- Discussions on strategic objectives (organic and M&A)
- Advice on buying companies:
- knowledge of market pricing
- identify and approach targets
- access to funders in the sector
- Advice on selling companies:
- providing guidance on the business valuation
- an extensive network of contacts, including international buyers, and investors in the sector, with a detailed knowledge of cross tier acquisition appetite
- Advice on refinancing/ shareholder restructuring
- Advice on management buy-outs
We develop strong and trusting relationships with our clients, where our experienced, partner-led team understand their operations, passions and ambitions. Get in touch with our experts today.